Saturday, March 6, 2010

gettting crafty



A few weeks ago I tried my hand at the felt flower barrettes that http://www.purlbee.com/ has so kindly provided a tutorial for. They are quite possibly the cutest felt flowers ever and so I had to test them out on the cutest thing I could think of: my niece. Here she is in all of her post-nap glory (read: crankiness) still willing to model the barrette. She knows a good thing when she sees it, even if it is through sleepy eyes.



I also made one into a brooch for my mother's Valentine birthday and used it to decorate the package.



While the first attempt was fairly time consuming and sometimes frustrating, the second one was created much faster. My production time should decrease dramatically as I plan on making enough to cover all of my friends and family members (especially my other, equally adorable niece).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I was going to try to make some for Bea...now I'll just expect some frustration to begin with, but the end result is so cute (especially your little model!).

    ReplyDelete