Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Corson Building


Did I mention I love food? Well, good food and the occasional box of Kraft macaroni and cheese (let's be honest, more than occasional). My favorite are places that mix great food with perfect atmosphere/interior design. I had the pleasure of visiting one such location last Thursday.


The Corson Building is in Georgetown. I had read about it and drooled over the pictures but never got up the gumption to make plans until my fellow foodie friend did it for me. I knew I would forever be a fan as soon as I walked in and we were greeted warmly by 2 of the staff and handed a glass of sparkling rose. The meals are family style so everyone is seated cozily at just a few large tables. We were served 4 courses and 5 wines. Each course had several dishes so pacing yourself is a must. The dishes were varied but cohesive and included oysters with pickled watermelon, beef tongue in celery salad, calamari, whole quail with tahini and oranges, fingerling potatoes, beets and radicchio, and hazelnut macaroons; to name a few. Some were more delicious than others but everything tasted fresh and perfectly cooked. The wines complemented nicely and were not overbearing but held up on their own. We really enjoyed interacting with our table-mates and felt we bonded over such a great experience. I was really impressed with how sincerely friendly and helpful the staff was.


Very reasonably priced (especially if you go on a weekday) I give it 8.5 of 10 meows!

No comments:

Post a Comment