Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine


As a mod girl I don't really believe in Valentine's Day. I try to find a way to celebrate love everyday and not buy into the expensive dinner/greeting card hoopla. My hubby and I take the money we would have spent on Valentine's Day festivities and choose another evening to paint the town red without all the crowds. February 14th is also my mother's birthday which, to me, is a much better reason to celebrate.


But (there is always a but), I do kinda secretly miss making a valentine mailbox in elementary school and giving everyone flimsy little notes with conversation hearts taped to the front. Valentine's Day is one of the most crafty of the year and I can't argue with craftiness.


So, this year I have taken this day as an excuse to gift my husband something I was dying to present him anyway. He is a sci-fi/fantasy nerd and this poster seemed like the perfect opportunity to indulge his geeky tendencies while adding a sleek mod piece of art to the walls. Visit: http://www.velocityartanddesign.com/spaceship-limited-edition-print-c-871-p-1-pr-19049.html for information. While you are at it, look around. Velocity is one of my favorite Seattle stores.
XOXO

1 comment: